Thursday, May 16, 2013

Back in the USA



Sorry for the radio silence-

I am officially back in the USA and won’t be returning to Haiti for a while now. I came home in time for Mother’s Day and my mom’s birthday, and am planning to begin to support Haiti from the US. My fellowship officially ends on June 1st, and for the next two weeks I will be preparing to help with Westminster’s “Haiti celebration”, a big event we are throwing to talk about Haiti with everyone who is involved with the mission here in Pittsburgh.

I have had a nice time re-entering my life here in the US. I thought it would be difficult, but so far it hasn’t been too difficult. The operative term in that sentence is “so far”, it might be difficult over the next few weeks, but for right now its not too bad.

I will continue blogging, but for the time being I think I will be writing from another blog. I want this blog to be focused on all things Haiti. I have loved keeping this blog, not only has it given me great practice as a writer but it has been a great place to reflect on my time in Haiti. If I write anything on Haiti I will be sure to post it here, but my next writing adventure will be on another site (I’ll post the URL here when the site is ready).

Thanks for being such a great audience! I’ve loved writing this, and I’ll hope to continue anytime Haiti comes in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment